Tabley House in Knutsford, Cheshire, and Tupwood Gate in Caterham, Surrey support individuals looking for residential, nursing and dementia care and offer post-operative intermediate care, dementia specialist care and respite care, as well as palliative and end-of-life support. Tabley House and Tupwood Gate were the founding services of Cygnet Health Care. Together they have been providing high quality care for almost 35 years.
Comments received about the two nursing homes included one from a wife who said she and her son felt “wrapped in a blanket of love and care” by kind and compassionate staff despite her husband receiving end of life support.
The annual Care Home Awards 2022 recognises the Top 20 Care Home Groups in the UK based on reviews from service users and their family and friends on carehome.co.uk – the TripAdvisor of the care industry.
The two nursing homes gained recognition in the Small Care Home Groups category, which is for companies with two – nine older person’s care homes within their portfolio.
There have been 31 reviews left on the website for Tabley House and Tupwood Gate – with an average score of 9.9 out of 10. Reviews left on the website about the two homes include:
- “My total gratitude to the manager and staff, who cared for my husband in the last few months of his life, suffering from a terminal illness. Nothing was ever too much trouble. The love, care and devotion to making his life as comfortable and dignified as possible was exceptional. I also felt wrapped in a blanket of love and care from the staff in what was a very difficult time in my and my son’s lives.”
- “The team at Tabley have gone above and beyond in meeting our needs. I cannot thank them enough, it has been a relief to know Dad is in such a caring place.”
- “If only we had managed to get him to Tabley House sooner! The staff are so lovely, they will do everything possible to make the residents happy and it shows!”
- “The staff at Tupwood Gate are always professional, their knowledge of caregiving is outstanding, the home is immaculately clean, but most importantly, the staff are incredibly caring and friendly. I do not feel as though I am a visitor in the home, I feel as though I am part of a family.”
- “Tabley House is a truly remarkable place. You walk in and are instantly met by the warmth and compassion of all. The staff are very attentive and genuinely want to make a difference; they go above and beyond in their duties. Thank you.”
Karen Lynskey, Manager of Tabley House, thanked everyone who had left a positive review of the service as it makes “such a difference” to the staff. She added: “It is always nice to be recognised for the amazing work the staff at Tabley do. Through Covid and heatwaves and whatever comes our way, the staff always strive for excellence to give our residents the very best and to provide the quality of care that we pride ourselves on. This award is a reflection of this.”
Paula Deadman, Manager of Tupwood Gate, said: “It is fabulous to receive such amazing recognition when it is based on the feedback that is provided from the people we care for and their family members. I think it shows how after all the difficulties of the past few years, my team at Tupwood Gate are continuing to go above and beyond in providing high quality care and support.”
Dr Tony Romero, CEO of Cygnet Health Care, said he was very proud of the accolade. He added: “I’m delighted that the quality of care in our nursing homes have received this recognition, demonstrating how highly-regarded they are in their respective communities.
“What makes it so special is that it is awarded based on feedback from our residents themselves and their loved ones. There is no greater endorsement of the high quality service we deliver. I am very grateful for the dedication, hard work and commitment of staff which ensures we consistently gain outstanding outcomes for individuals in our care.
“We always strive to provide residents and loved ones with the highest standards of care and the team work diligently to ensure we achieve this. Putting our residents first is at the heart of what we do and is the bedrock of our organisation.”